Tablehopping: Fresh Mission eats, three new happy hours, and where to get baked (goods, that is).
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
If you're a fan of butter, carbs, and French baked goods (oui!), then you'll want to get yourself to Le Marais Bakery (2066 Chestnut, SF. www.lemaraisbakery.com) in the Marina, stat. The options are a-plenty, from excellent croissants to pain au chocolate, but the Volcan (French for volcano, natch) is a strong choice for those who are more savory-inclined. The light and flaky layers of dark golden pastry artfully contain a creamy center — the lava! — of ricotta cheese, lardons made with Llano Seco pork, Parmesan, and ham There's also a vegetarian version. Boom.
Most Commented On
- You are exaggerating - December 11, 2013
- SFUSD certainly should not be in the housing business any more - December 11, 2013
- . - December 11, 2013
- It's a Monetary Problem - December 11, 2013
- Mengele - December 11, 2013
- He's not the only one - December 11, 2013
- Yes, So Please Donate to Help Those In Need - December 11, 2013
- "Hype" is short for hyperbole, HC. - December 11, 2013
- Hype and hyperbole everywhere - December 11, 2013
- Good point about Levi's shuttles using Muni stops. - December 11, 2013